18 July 2009

World of the weird on the beach

There are so many weird things in nature..and on the Cedar Cove beach...like this weird orange arm and hand that Randy assures me is an anemone. It's like something out of some old science fiction movie.
And this keiten...it has a lot of mud on it here. Without the mud, it looks like something out of Jurassic Park.
And these are growing under the dock with the mussels.
And then there's Mr. Crabface. I wouldn't want to meet him in a dark alley.
There is also much beauty... like these flowers and buds. I love taking pictures of these.
I love the chaotic look of seaweed and kelp at lowtide.
And the wide variety of shells just stuck...well, stuck everywhere.
And how can you not love the look of oysters. Seriously. Especially when they're grilled with a bit of butter and garlic...mmmmm.
...and then there's a good-looking yeller dog!
It's difficult for me to choose which I find most interesting. But this anemone ...
I don't care what Randy's says, it still looks like a little orange hand sticking down. And it makes me wonder where the rest of the body is. I wouldn't want to come across this in the dark.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails