22 July 2009

Happy Anniversary

A quick shout out to my sister (the oldest one!) and her husband as they celebrate their 37th wedding anniversary today. I really wish I had one of their wedding pictures to share - they were priceless - but since I don't, I'll substitute some others from their life. Sorry about this one, you guys, but I couldn't help myself! Really...
First, pictures of them when they were young...and didn't know each other.Larry seems a bit serious here. Makes you wonder what he was thinking about.
Janis was always ready for the camera.
Here they are with their daughter Lauren at her baptism...they're pretty proud parents.
Another with Lauren - this was taken when they were visiting us a few years ago.
And still another with Lauren at her graduation. Larry gave the commencement address. It was very good. And soon - within a couple of weeks - they'll be grandparents. Man, that just doesn't seem possible. Of course, it doesn't seem possible that it's been 37 years since their wedding. I remember it like it was yesterday...from one of the ushers lighting the candles using his Bic lighter, to the zipper in my dress popping just as we were preparing to walk down the aisle. My mother told me to suck in my breath as she quickly zipped it down, then back up. Then told me in a very matter-of-fact tone..."Don't breath or bend down until this is over."

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails