02 March 2010

Easy Double Four-Patch

My next pieced top is the Easy Double Four-Patch. I got the pattern from http://www.maryquilts.com/. I love that site. Mary has some great - and free! - patterns that make up quickly into really nice tops. For this quilt, I'm using a light blue paisley with a deeper-toned blue-on-blue fabric. Cutting out the strips went quickly as did sewing the long strips together. Once that was done, it was on to the sewing machine to start piecing the four-patch and 16-patch blocks together.
Here are some of the first blocks up on the design wall. I finished piecing all of the larger 4-patches first, then moved on to the 16-patch blocks.
And here are all of the finished blocks. I like it! The first two rows are pieced and the rest should go together quickly. Since I used up all the paisley fabric on the blocks, I'm not sure what I'll do for the border and binding. I may try to find a checkered fabric to use on the border.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails