16 June 2010

Wildflowers

First, let me say that I am not a fan of dandylions. I consider them weeds in the flower garden of my life. Okay, I admit it, I'm not poetically inclined.
I don't like wild blackberries either. I hate being pricked by those thorns!
When I see either of these plants growing in the yard, I yank them out by their nasty little roots.
That said, I decided to shoot some close-up pictures of them while we were down at the river last week.
And I must admit that when I looked at them close-up and personal, I was pretty impressed.
They were actually pretty and I loved the bright yellow color on that dismal, gray day. I did mention that it's still raining here in the Pacific Northwest, didn't I?

But I digress...

Even the blackberry vine blooms are pretty if you ignore the fact that the vine itself is very invasive and has long, nasty, prickly thorns that grab onto your clothes and hold you in their tight little grasp. They're just nasty, I tell you. But the blooms on the blackberry vines? Well, they kinda make you forget about the thorns.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails