16 June 2010

Finished...well, almost

I made college quilts for our niece and nephew who graduated from high school this spring. They're both off to Los Angeles this fall to attend college and while they might not need quilts in California, I thought it would be a nice idea for them to be able to wrap themselves in a warm hug if they start feeling a bit homesick. Sappy of me, I know, but it's who I am. Here's Emily's finished quilt top:

And here's Jack's quilt:Right now, the tops are waiting for their turn to be quilted by a local machine quilter who does exceptional work. In fact, I'm probably more anxious to see the final quilts because I know the quality of work this quilter does.

If you're interested in either of these patterns, you can download the instructions for free at http://www.maryquilts.com/. She's written easy-to-follow instructions for many patterns. Just scroll down and check out the left column under Instruction Sheets!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails