07 August 2009

Of friends and pincushions

Good friends from Idaho visited us last week. Randy and Dan were best friends in college, best men at each other's wedding and their friendship remains the kind you always read about; they don't see each other for 4 years and 2 minutes after getting together, it's like they were never apart. Here's a picture of the family...Dan in the back, Diana (his wife), Tanner (15) and Jenna (just turned 13). Diana and I have the same tastes when it comes to hobbies - we both love to knit, quilt, read and cross-stitch. So, while the guys spent their time re-living college days, we spent our time catching up on our latest projects. We did venture into Friday Harbor on day and while there, I took Diana to one of my favorite little shops - Pelindaba Lavender. We spent a bit of time smelling and sampling and breathing in the lavender. I buy the lotion every year - it's the best lavender lotion I've ever used. When we got home, Diana took 2 lovely little tins out her bag and gave one to me... Isn't it cute? It's a felted lavender moisturizing soap..and it smells so wonderful! The fun thing is, it can also be used a pincushion! She said she got one for each of us so we used them, we'll remember our time together in the islands... She's the kind of friend you always hope to have...and be. I'm very lucky.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails