13 May 2009

Backyard Flowers

Within the last couple of weeks, the flowers have really started to pop. And they're beautiful. We never had (m)any iris on the farm when I was growing up - or at least I don't remember there being any. We had the staples that survived ND heat and wind...zinnias, marigolds and maybe a few geraniums. Mom always planted a few rows of flowers in our very large garden. The blooms looked so cheerful bobbing and weaving in the wind. There was also a row of lilac bushes and the scent was incredible. Luckily, we have one lilac tree in our yard here and I love snipping off the blooms to bring into the house.
When it's flower time, I always get the macro bug with the camera. I love getting really, really close just to see what I can get. Here are some of my favorites from this week. First, the clematis that grows on our backyard arbor.

The yellow iris started blooming last week.

The purple iris followed this week...they're just amazingly beautiful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photographs! I love the close ups, the details are stunning.

Related Posts with Thumbnails