22 February 2010

Midnight in the Tropics - Block 4

Block 4 consists of Poppies. I love poppies so love this block. The most difficult part was, once again, selecting the colors for the individual blooms. I love reds, so knew one poppy was going to be red.
These are the reds I chose:
There are just so many pretty colors that selecting the "right" ones is very difficult!
Here's the orange poppy:
And a pink poppy:
And my yellow poppy. Well, it's more of a yellow and orange poppy but that's okay with me! One of the consistencies in this block is the bud. I'm using the same batik for all of the poppy buds but decided to use different greens for the leaves. So, here's the finished block:
And here are all four blocks ... guess it's time to get appliquing!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails