06 January 2010

A new year ... a new quilt

While I was reoganizing my sewing room in December, I pulled together the quilt kits I've bought over the past several years and made a resolution to get some of them completed in 2010. With the Christmas and New Year's parties over, I looked at the kits and selected Autumn Splendor. I got it at Creekside Quilting in Des Moines, Iowa. It's a really nice shop and if you're in the area, check it out. You won't be disappointed. The people are great and the fabric and patterns that are available there are wonderful.
It's from this book:
I like a lot of the patterns in this book, so I'm happy to have it in my collection! Here's a picture of what the finished top looks like:
Here are the binding, backing, sashing and corner block fabrics included with the kit:
I love the fabrics and the colors! Here is a first attempt at the blocks:
They are a scrappy lot and it'll take some time to decide where to put the various pieces:
It's been fun to use my newly reorganized and lighted room. My bulletin board is filled with pictures and possible projects (like that picture of the floral applique quilt in the middle - it's lovely!).
I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails