04 January 2010

Change up in Decorations!

I spent Saturday undecorating for Christmas. The Santas are resting snug in their box beds, the reindeer are sleeping off candy-coated sugar high, and the ribbons, ornaments and stockings and Nativity are boxed and back in closet.
And I was ready for a change. So, out came the Snow Men...and the Snow Ladies!
Let me introduce you to them all. First, there's this big guy:
He's out by the front door and welcomes guests as they arrive. You can't see it on the picture but he's holding up a "thread" wire that the stars are threaded on. When I started sewing him, I thought he was going to be a bit smaller. He looks good here and I smile when I see him smiling back at me.
My sister Jan made this little pillow and cover for me. She's made several other pillow covers, too: one with a turkey on it for Thankgiving, one with leaves for fall, and another with a little tree for Christmas. They are VERY cute!
This little Ice Cube man was a gift from one of my quilty friends in Tangled Threads. He's just funny...no way around that. I made some cotton-ball snowballs to put beside him.
The Star Snowman came filled with candy. It was a hostess gift from one of Neighborhood Holiday Parties that Randy and I have hosted. I think of that couple every year when I retrieve this little guy. (And yes, that is me reflected in the bulb. I didn't realize I'd done that until I was reviewing the pictures.)
This little guy is new. I got him from my sister Jean this year. He's pretty funny and looks so cute when his little tea candle flame is burning out of the top of his hat.
I got this Snow Man from sister Jean, too. I'm not sure why, but he reminds me of my childhood.
Sister Jan made me this Snowman wallhanging. I always get lots of compliments because it's so darn cute!
After Christmas, this Snowman gets to sit in the chair I originally bought for one of the Santas. He fits perfectly and looks so happy there, doesn't he?

I bought this velvety snowbooted snow woman at a craft fair a long time ago. When I look at her, I'm reminded of my Mom because I bought one for her, too.

And, of course, no collection would be complete without a few Jim Shore Snowmen - even if Randy thinks differently! The attention to detail on his work is wonderful.

I "think" I got this snowman from one of my quilty friends, too, but I'm not betting the farm on that. And then there's this guy.

Jan made him, too. He's made from chenille and is very soft. His eyes, mouth and buttons are coffee beans. And this little fellow has built a nest in his hat:

I do need to get outside and cut him some new arms, though. His last set broke off while I was carrying him upstairs...oops!

Happy 2010! Here's to health, happiness...

and better decade than the one we just finished!

1 comment:

Katlin said...

Wow, you could open a Christmas store! VERY nice! I love the self-portrait in the Christmas ball!

Related Posts with Thumbnails