04 March 2009

Woodland Lei applique quilt top

I started this applique project about 2 years ago. Most appliquers would probably be able to finish it off in fairly short order; however, I'm pretty new to applique. Not to the craft of applique but to the idea of me doing applique! I'm typically someone who needs to get things done in a short amount of time. If a project is going to take more than a month, well, it's not for me! It gets balled up and thrown in a corner.
I suspect that thinking comes from my journalism and technical writing background. Working in either of those fields means deadlines are always looming. You never think more than a week or two out because requirements change daily, new software releases happen, and the paper is "put to bed" and new assignments are handed out.
But my tangly friends from Tangled Threads encouraged and helped me throughout this applique project. They are all experts in applique. They've won awards and ribbons and accolades from all over, and they deserve all the praise they receive.
Even though my stitches aren't even and (more often than not) show on the top, they said I did a nice job. They're kind to a fault!
So, this is done. Finally. After two years.

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it looks good to me!
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Related Posts with Thumbnails