17 March 2009

...On the Willamette

Don invited us to bring Randy's folks over for a boat ride on Saturday. Here's Donnie's boat...Not too shabby. That's Donnie on the back untying the lines. Randy took this shot from the dock.
And I'll apologize upfront for calling him Donnie...I've tried but he was Donnie in college and I guess I just have a hard time with change! Besides, he still calls me Susy.
Anyway, back to Saturday...it was a gray day and there were sprinkles but still, anytime someone wants to offer a boat ride...well, you gotta go.
Here's a picture of Donnie at the helm with Jan Ellen's Aunt on the left.
Randy's Mom brought her new camera along so while some of these are from our 5050, the majority of them are from her camera. Randy handed it to me and told me to test it out. It's been a long time since we've been on the Willamette. And it amazed me - again - at the homes built on the river. Randy and I were interested in seeing the floating homes...
Then there was this one...
It just kept getting bigger...
and bigger....
and bigger....How many people do you suppose live there? Then there was this one...it looks like it's a spaceship that fell here and stayed. Don't you wonder who the architect was and what the story is behind the design?I swear this one was a full city block big. You'd need walkie-talkies just to find other people!
And this one. I could put my entire hometown in here and we'd still have room left for company.
John wanted to know if these people had just put in a new lawn and the flags were where irrigation was placed. Randy and I think the flags are there to keep the ducks and geese off the lawn because, well...they're a bit messy!
None of us are really sure what this is used for...other than as a patio. Perhaps a water storage unit? It would be a great place for Happy Hour!
I like this shot. I really like the sun shade...it's another place that would make a great Happy Hour spot. Then there was this place. We called it a "Diamond in the Rough."

John thinks maybe he could afford it.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails