13 February 2009

Making choices

I've been busy using up fabric from my stash. I've finished two quilt tops and am now deciding how to finish them off, or whether they even need anything to finish them off.
As you can see, this Pineapple Blossom already has a pieced sashing.
I'm considering not even putting a border on it. If I do put a border on it, I'm just not sure what it should be - just strips or pieced borders - single or multiple borders. This is a pretty bright quilt already, so should the border be a "quiet" color/print, or should I stay with the theme and go bright. Or do I use a quiet inner border and a brighter outer border?
This is the other top. It's the third one I've made using the scrappy mountains pattern. I don't know how to finish this either. I'm thinking I might do a very thin black inner border, then use a autumn-toned batik fabric I've got as an outer border.
I was pretty smart last Spring and actually cut out enough 8.5" squares to make two tops in these colors. Here's the first one I made; you'll notice they're the same blocks, just a different setting.
Randy's Aunt Jean got this blue/green version to donate to the MS Auction in Spokane last October.
It's a great pattern; easy to make and it goes together so fast. Now if I could only decide how to finish them! I'm wide open to suggestions...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The pineapple blossom quilt is so alive with great colors. If you do sew on a border you sure don't want it to detract from this great pattern.
Good Job!
Kathi

Related Posts with Thumbnails